An open-source, custody-free cryptocurrency wallet called Guarda enables users to hold multiple cryptocurrencies in one location. In addition to thousands of tokens and a large number of stablecoins, you can store all the most well-known cryptocurrency coins on the platform. The wallet also enables the buying, selling, and trading of cryptocurrencies from its platform, making it a one-stop shop for all your cryptocurrency requirements.
What Is Guarda Wallet?
You can use Guarda wallet to store your cryptocurrency. It is a flexible digital wallet that provides services like purchasing, exchanging, moving, and storing various cryptocurrencies. Currently, it supports more than 40 blockchains and each one’s more than 10,000 tokens. Guarda is more similar to the metamask wallet and shares many of the same features. Therefore, it is unquestionably a good choice if you want to try something new.
Pros & Cons Of Guarda Wallet
- Dozens of cryptocurrencies supported
- Supports multiple cryptocurrencies under one platform
- Multi-signature security measures to make accounts safe and secure
- Encrypted private keys
- Free and easy to use
- Does not offer cold wallet storage for holdings
- Lack of 2FA security protocols
- Have to pay additional fees if purchasing assets on the platform
How Does The Guarda Wallet Function?
You can store your coins and tokens with the help of Guarda, a cryptocurrency wallet. The wallet’s website provides access to the open-source protocol that it uses. As a non-custodial wallet, it provides a higher level of security than some other online platforms because the user always retains control of their private keys and, consequently, their cryptocurrency funds.
In addition to a desktop wallet and a mobile wallet application that users can download, the Guarda wallet service is accessible as a web wallet. By providing a Chrome wallet extension, the service also makes it possible for you to engage with the dapps ecosystem. Furthermore, the wallet works with well-known hardware wallets like the Ledger Nano S.
You can buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrencies right from the service provider’s application or software thanks to Changelly’s integrated crypto exchange service. Guarda allows you to buy, trade, and hold cryptocurrencies on a single platform, which is convenient, but the process might not be as seamless as some users would like. Users have noted minor inconveniences when using this service in comparison to a cryptocurrency exchange.
How To Set Up Your Guarda Wallet
1. Create your wallet: The wallet’s configuration is very simple and easy. The process is straightforward to use thanks to its user-friendly interface. By visiting the Guarda website and selecting “Create Web Wallet,” you will be directed to the page where you must enter your password in order to access your wallet.
2. Set your password: Make up a secure password that is unique to you and is not used anywhere else. Make sure it’s a strong password, then write it down on paper and store it somewhere secure because you’ll need it to unlock your wallet and decrypt your private keys.
3. Download a backup: You’ll then be prompted to download a backup file. Your private keys will be contained in a text file. You will need this to access your wallet, so be sure to store it somewhere different from your password to ensure that your security is not jeopardized.
How Do I Use Guarda Wallet?
In this section of the guarda wallet review, we’ll discuss how to use it. You must learn how to open an account, receive assets, and send or complete a transaction in order to understand the fundamentals of usage. Let’s read our guarda wallet bitcoin review to learn more about them appropriately.
Guarda Wallet Create Wallet Account
- Visit the home page of the main website.
- Search for the option “create a new wallet”
- Create an account using a strong password.
- Save the backup, then lock the account.
Sending Crypto In Guarda Wallet
- Access the account menu.
- Give your wallet’s information and send the money.
- Add the necessary data to the transfer and finish it.
Receiving Crypto In Guarda Wallet
- Connect your wallet with the platform
- Complete link confirmation
- Use your wallet address to the coin platform
- Complete the verification and receive
The Security Of Guarda Wallet
Are you concerned about how secure a guarda wallet is? Guarda has many security features to protect your assets. As hot wallets as opposed to cold wallets, digital wallets require you to carry a little more risk initially. You will receive an encrypted backup of the private keys taking that into account.
A password will be used to protect the security. Any type of transaction will need this password. Additional hardware wallet security is a possibility for the assets.
The wallet is constantly being improved because it is an open-source program, and there are additional security measures as well. The safety of it for cryptocurrency users has thus been established.
History Of Guarda
Guarda released its first wallet in 2017, and before releasing the multi-compatible wallet they have today, they offered separate wallets for each cryptocurrency—their first being an Ethereum (ETH) wallet.
The business emphasizes privacy and declares their commitment to blockchain ideals and the security of their users’ personal data. Additionally, the wallet has gradually enhanced its features so that users can access their holdings from any location. Examples include the addition of web and mobile versions of the wallet.
Guarda Wallet was mentioned by the CEO of Binance in 2019 as one of the platforms that had supported the company’s growth “from the beginning.” Given that Binance is currently the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by traded volume, receiving the CEO’s support would have been a big deal for the marketplace.
Additionally, the cryptocurrency wallet was praised by numerous members of the cryptocurrency community, solidifying its reputation as a user-friendly and adaptable platform. Guarda Wallet provides a comprehensive product in 2022 that is simple to use and secure for cryptocurrency traders all over the world because of its remote capabilities.
Guarda has been around for a while, and they continually contribute and innovate to make cryptocurrency available to everyone. Additionally, they are in the vanguard of incorporating new blockchains and adding new coins. This is what makes Guarda, a wallet that is accessible via desktop, mobile, and the web, a good option.
Guarda makes sure to concentrate on innovation and to let users be the true owners of the coins because it is a non-custodial wallet. It is commendable that Ledger has integrated with the web wallet, and I hope that Guarda apps will soon be able to use the integration as well. All things considered, Guarda is a great option for a daily crypto wallet.